Forum

➟ Announcement: The site is moving and potentially closing. Please read THIS.

Today

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #9279 by Sura
Sura replied the topic: Today
When I started to realize that US mainstream media outlets were starting to lie about Trump, that was the moment I felt that Trump would be the right choice for America.

Note that I am not an American. I am a Korean. As a complete outsider, I saw Trump as the should-be winner of the election.
He may not be able to drain the swamp as he claims, but he should damage the infrastructure.

I'd love to have someone to drain or at least damage the swamp here. So many politicians are corrupt in Korea.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Sura.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9280 by Aletheia
Aletheia replied the topic: Today
I don't like Trump. I may be influenced a lot by media, but so far he hasn't shown any signs to think otherwise. Also what he has said about my part of the world, makes him a lot suspicious.
We have had so much here going on too (change of government, new taxes accepted with 2 days, president elections), we have reasons to worry.

But otherwise, about the swamps and corrupt politicians, I agree.
It seems to be a problem everywhere.
We have so many corrupt ones too. They are trying to have a court case and investigation against one of the big ones and it's slow and difficult.
It doesn't help he has a lot of support from certain groups, and now the parliament head and prime minister is from his party.
(Note: he has been taken down from all positions of power, but in every influence poll, he is still leading).

More
1 year 3 months ago #9281 by Sura
I find Hillary Clinton far, far, worse than Donald Trump. If Trump had a different opponent, he may have not won the election.

Regardless, Trump is no good news for some of South Koreans because he wants to withdraw the US base in Busan, Korea. Majority of South Koreans are against this because this leaves traces of US military in South Korea.

I, for one, welcome this though. The only way for Korea to be re-united is to resume the war again. If lack of US military presence sparks the war, so be it.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #9282 by Aletheia
You're right about Clinton though.
This year, US had to choose between bad vs. bad.

I don't know if the outside media even talks about what happens in the baltics, but whe had three rounds of president elections this year.
On the first two times, non of the candidates got enough votes.
By the third they were all opted out and a completly new, and also only one, candidate was brought out. She became president. No-one really knows what to think about her yet.

No one wants a war, but what if it's necessary evil?
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Aletheia.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9283 by Sura
At least Trump had strong core messages that resonated with certain groups of people.

From what I've watched, thanks to Youtube, Clinton had no messages and she was busy attacking Trump, mostly.

My brief is that war is necessary evil and (longer lasting) peace is built on war and blood.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9284 by Arle
Arle replied the topic: Today
@Aletheia: I'm curious on which country you live in. Croatia?

I'm actually excited on how Trump's gonna fare in the office. (Of course still bitter over Bernie losing to Hillary but eh >_>). Honestly I can only be calm and find 'President Trump' mildly hilarious because I'm not american. ...and his face irks me @_@

I would like to hear the opinions of american Trump supporters on why he's fit to be president (not just "because Hillary's crooked and she's the worst!!").

On topic: today I put Dean Fujioka's History Maker on loop. It is super addictive O_O Also I have rewatched Yuri!! On Ice twice.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9286 by Aletheia

Aletheia wrote: ... in the baltics,

Croatia isn't baltics. Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia(where I live) are.

Trump's face is comical. As is his hair. Many a cartoon's have been drawn about it.
Well, some US senator has been to EST to reassure us. Might not mean anything. Might mean a lot.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9288 by Arrocee
Arrocee replied the topic: Today
I didn't know you lived in Estonia, Aletheia! I briefly dated a Latvian Canadian a while ago. I hadn't heard much about Latvia till then.

As much as it might be exciting that Trump is supposedly anti-establishment, I think he's dumb as **** and probably the hugest asshole to be elected president except maybe Lyndon B Johnson. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens, but I felt pretty sick the day the election results came out.

I'm not sure if I mentioned, but I very recently started working as a software engineer (i.e. the past 3 months). Work life is stressful, though it's a blessing to be gainfully employed.

More
1 year 3 months ago #9289 by Aletheia
Yep, That's whe I live, Est,

Indeed, Trump does appear dumb. Goes well with his appearance.
Interesting is one thing but it's also scary.

Congrats on the job. Hang in there!

More
1 year 1 month ago #9315 by Arrocee
Arrocee replied the topic: Today
Thank yous Aletheia!
I get a little misty thinking of old times posting here. :)