Forum

➟ Announcement: The site is moving and potentially closing. Please read THIS.

This site is closing, sort of.

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #9606 by Sura
Sura created the topic: This site is closing, sort of.
I consider this the final stage of this site.

The site is closing down and I will make the domain point to a blog made at Blogger. This has one advantage for me: it won't cost me anything to maintain a site.

Some of more popular projects I've done will be made available for download at the blog via google drive.

At the moment, this site costs me about 10 USD per month. While it is not much, there is also an effort to keep patching the site for security reasons and occasionally changing site layout which takes few days. I no longer wish to spend money and effort on it.

The blog will be barebone. It's simply there for some people to find some of my projects. I may occasionally post something, but that is it.

The site still receives low but steady amount of traffic but I figure 90% of those traffic is artificial (search engine bots and spam bots).

The time line for this to occur is not known to me at this point, but it will happen by end of this year.

This decision was actually an easy one to make because it was obvious that the site has been dead for some years. It was simply a matter of when, not if.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Sura.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #9607 by NekoPawtato
NekoPawtato replied the topic: This site is closing, sort of.
:( oh dang, I better hurry and finish EQH before then LOL~

More
3 weeks 19 hours ago #9610 by mbr
mbr replied the topic: This site is closing, sort of.
Indeed. Life goes on. Still following you on Patreon :)

More
3 weeks 11 hours ago - 3 weeks 11 hours ago #9612 by Sura
Sura replied the topic: This site is closing, sort of.
The blog is actually already ready to go but the hosting which this site is on is paid for until late May, so you will see the move on middle of May or so.

All I need to do at this point is simply point the domain to the blog and that's it.

If you want to take a look at it anyway, here it is. The blog
Last Edit: 3 weeks 11 hours ago by Sura.