Forum

The Orville (Fox TV)

More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #9590 by Sura
Sura created the topic: The Orville (Fox TV)

I don't say out loud but I am a fan of Star Trek series. I don't follow Star wars though.

I like Star Trek because I myself write sci-fi stories and do sci-fi CG renders. More importantly, Star Trek try to abide by science although sometimes it sounds out of place. Still, it tries to abide and it's episodic, meaning I can pick my favorite episodes and play them instead of having to follow a bigger plot.

But ever since Star Trek Voyager, I haven't watched another one because I didn't like it. The recent Star Trek Discovery ..., I am not even sure whether it's in Star Trek universe. It has the (trademark) name and that's about it.

What I've always wanted from Star Trek series was a little comedy. I know some episodes of Star Trek are comical but they are too far and between.

Now, it seems my prayer has finally been answered.

Enter the Orville by Fox.

Interestingly, this is not Star Trek, but doesn't matter. It carries the spirit of Star Trek. If you are a fan of Star Trek universe, I recommend you to watch it.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Sura.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #9591 by mbr
mbr replied the topic: The Orville (Fox TV)
Looks interesting! I am also not a professed Trekkie, but I do like the premise and character development. Will check out this series.

I have read some books as well, with more comedic elements compared to the TV shows. My favourite "jokers" include Scott, Riker and LaForge.

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #9592 by Sura
Sura replied the topic: The Orville (Fox TV)
Deja Q from TNG has been on top of my list for comical episodes.

Until I watched the Orville, I wasn't aware of who "Seth MacFarlane" was. It seems his past deeds have brought strong bias against the show, especially from "professional" critics.
I've always ignored and laughed at "professional" reviews. What do they know? I know what I want far better than some strangers who are paid to make reviews.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Sura.

More
23 hours 25 minutes ago #9597 by blade
blade replied the topic: The Orville (Fox TV)
I am a Trekkie, but also like star wars. Orville to me seems very similar to Seth MacFarlane's other work. as in its not too much outside his wheel house as he mainly does comedy. Sadly I have yet to watch any but it do plan to watch it.