Forum
× Note that these are NOT translated. I am merely introducing them to you and give you a short review.

Webtoon "PermIT!"

• Thank you received: 56

Sura created the topic: Webtoon "PermIT!"

This webtoon "PermIT!" is created by the author of Useful Good-for-nothing which I am sure many of you still remember.

Webtoon URL: http://comico.kr/titles/92

In order to view the webtoon, you need to go through an extra hoop which is registering with Payco (Payco.com). I personally dislike having yet another layer on top of everything else. As if I don't have enough passwords to remember...

Currently in Korea, there are gazillions of different standards for online payment that it isn't funny. One can unify the payment via cell phone but you've better watch your bill or you can be slapped with a bill that mounts few thousands easily if you aren't careful.

Anyway, PermIT webtoon is regarding a couple of guys who manage to enter computer science course at a decent university. This webtoon is about hacking and other computer mambo jumbo.

One of staff that may sound really awkward to you while reading this webtoon is "Girlfriend app" which is ... exactly what it is. The app lets you date a girl on screen. You have to please her by checking on her ever so often and sometimes she will ask a gift (that costs real money).

... Needless to say, I know a fair amount of guys are really attached to such app.

The major problem with this webtoon is that the plot targets a really niche audience and I didn't find the webtoon worthywhile at all, not at all. I can see that the plot is trying to make me laugh or at least grin but it wasn't working on me.

But it is not the artist's fault. This webtoon has two authors, one's in charge of plot. The other is in charge of the art. The one in charge of the art is responsible for Useful GFN. I don't know why she chose to have a writer. I mean Useful GFN was fairly good. I beleive she may have chosen to work with a plot writer because the ending of Useful GFN was a major letdown. But this writer isn't any good, either.

Is this webtoon worth your time? I would say probably not.

Attachments: