Forum

Thoughts on figure manufacturers

• Thank you received: 56

Sura created the topic: Thoughts on figure manufacturers

I will only post reviews of manufacturers I've dealt with.

➤ Banpresto (6 out of 10)
They mass-produce figures, meaning they do quantity instead of quality. Still, their figures aren't too bad and they have a lot. They even produce figures of less popular characters which is good if you are set out to do complete collection of a series.
Figure quality wise, I'd give them 6 out of 10.
↺ They don't do adult figures but do swimsuit figures.

➤ Megahouse (9 out of 10)
A high end figurine company. Quality comes at a price and expect to pay at least 50 USD ~ 200 USD brand new. Of course, Ebay can be your pal here and you could sang ones you want at far cheaper prices.
Their figure quality is top notch but the quality is not uniform. It's case by case but in general it's good quality.
↺ I find that they aren't willing to do full hentai figures. Ecchi figures are as far as they are willing to go.

➤ Kotobukiya (8 out of 10)
I think they are on par with Megahouse in general. I got to know them while collecting Vesperia trading figures. Their painting and shading is slightly worse than Megahouse so far.
↺ I find that they aren't willing to do full hentai figures. Ecchi figures are as far as they are willing to go.

➤ Taito (6 out of 10)
Everything about them is identical to Banpresto. Their motto is quantity instead of quality.

➤ Sunny side up (6 out of 10)
I think they produce mostly prize figures only. Painting quality is better than Taito and Banpresto but two figures I bought from them have manufacturing defects. Since both of them I bought have defects, I'd say their QC department is lacking.
↺ They don't do adult figures.

➤ Embrace Japan (8 out of 10)
I have only one figure from them, so I can't fully evaluate their qualities. And the figure I got was one of their early ones. Their quality is on par with Megahouse and always expensive. They also do original character figures often.
↺ They do full adult figures with everything fully detailed. A lot of their products are cast-off capable.

➤ Bandai (7 out of 10)
Bandai covers a wide variety of figures as long as they have the licenses for them. Their quality is better than Taito and Banpresto but short of Megahouse quality. And their price reflects that. Theirs usually cost less then Megahouse counterparts but more than Banpresto.
↺ They don't do adult figures.

➤ Good smile company (8 out of 10)
They are right behind Megahouse in quality and are the distributor for Max factory figures.

➤ Atelier Sai (3 out of 10)
I have only one figure from them and it was a whack job. I think I will wait on final judgement on them until I acquire more figures from them.
↺ They do ecchi figures.

➤ SEGA (7 out of 10)
Better than Taito and Banpresto but worse than Megahouse. I think their quality is almost on par with Good smile company.
↺ I don't think they do adult figures.