Forum

Dalsez removed and that's it, I think.

• Thank you received: 56

Sura created the topic: Dalsez removed and that's it, I think.

Dalsez was removed due to a copyright notice I received from a 3rd party translation company responsible for bringing Dalsez to the west.

This is the second webtoon I had to taken down due to copyright issues (The first one was "Spring, Again" ) and I think this spells for the end of my scanlation adventure which I was already ending anyway.

Korean webtoons appear to be going global progressively. They saw benefit big enough to make the push and I guess I should be pleased to see the movement.

The era of scanlation is coming to an end.

... Who am I kidding. It's still very possible to work on webtoons that are not in the spotlight but I have litle intention to do so. I was already taking my hands off scanlation and work on my own materials and I think this event is a good excuse to end it all.

So, this is it.

• Thank you received: 7

blade replied the topic: Dalsez removed and that's it, I think.

hmmmm is it really the end? I would think you kind of enjoyed doing the scanlation a little bit, with the amount of effort, time & money you have put into this.

• Thank you received: 56

Sura replied the topic: Dalsez removed and that's it, I think.

Yes, I think this is it.
I was progressively losing interest as I learned 3D modelling. When I became good enough at it and saw new possibilities, I had little reason to go on.

I will still release what editor(s) do. But I won't take anything on my own.