Forum

Astrology Signs

• Thank you received: 8

Dis replied the topic: Astrology Signs

Yuzurin wrote:

Kurokagami wrote: I don't believe in horoscopes or astrology, because I know someone who's born on the same day as me, but we're so very different. And I'm a Libra, but at times I'm very un-Libra-like. Then I found out about "moon signs", for which I'm a Capricorn. The fact that I'm a Libra Capricorn I think says a lot about my personality simply due to the stereotypes associated with these two signs, and I think of it as convenient to be able to use two words to convey my complicated personalities instead of having to go write an essay. That said, I still don't really believe it, though I do find it interesting, just as I find stuff like Norse mythology interesting.

As for Chinese astrology, I just use it as a convenient age calculator. Like if a person say he's a rooster, I'd think oh he looks 50-ish, so about 4 cycles of 12 years, 48 years ago is 2013-48=1955, which would also be a snake year. Then the closest rooster year would be 8 years back, or 1947, making this person about 56 --> um, a bit too old? So I add a cycle, which is 1947+12=1959, making this person 44. That sounds about right. So then I have the age of the person.

Add 10 years , 1965.

and then flip that 6 upside down amirite?
We were fated to be <3<3<3 xoxoxoxo

• Thank you received: 4

Kurokagami replied the topic: Astrology Signs

Yuzurin wrote:

Kurokagami wrote: I don't believe in horoscopes or astrology, because I know someone who's born on the same day as me, but we're so very different. And I'm a Libra, but at times I'm very un-Libra-like. Then I found out about "moon signs", for which I'm a Capricorn. The fact that I'm a Libra Capricorn I think says a lot about my personality simply due to the stereotypes associated with these two signs, and I think of it as convenient to be able to use two words to convey my complicated personalities instead of having to go write an essay. That said, I still don't really believe it, though I do find it interesting, just as I find stuff like Norse mythology interesting.

As for Chinese astrology, I just use it as a convenient age calculator. Like if a person say he's a rooster, I'd think oh he looks 50-ish, so about 4 cycles of 12 years, 48 years ago is 2013-48=1955, which would also be a snake year. Then the closest rooster year would be 8 years back, or 1947, making this person about 56 --> um, a bit too old? So I add a cycle, which is 1947+12=1959, making this person 44. That sounds about right. So then I have the age of the person.

Add 10 years , 1965.

So you're a rabbit?

• Thank you received: 8

Dis replied the topic: Astrology Signs

Scorpio here. I was bored so I decided to look it through.
"You heal others by showing them that it's safe to confront their own darkness as you have done."
Mehhh this kind of stuff is so bothersome...
"Why not put your heart on the line and try being vulnerable for a change? Yes it might feel like it will kill you to trust someone again, but think of the rewards when deep passion and connection are possible if you're willing to take the risk."
Well I did mention this before about not wanting to take risks. IDK guys, I am not a great person to be with.
" You may have to lower your expectations if you want to survive in a real relationship inevitably filled with human limitations lest you suffer grave disappointment again and again."
My ideal is so close yet so far away, and one I will never have!
"If there's been any wavering in your attitude toward your career goals, you can kiss that wishy-washy nonsense goodbye. You're ready to get super serious no matter how much discipline, hard work and perseverance is required. Having Saturn, the king of commitment, in your sign is forcing you to finally just go for it. All-talk-and-no-action was so 2012. This is the year for strategy, planning and follow through."
This hasn't happened yet. Shit better start soon.
"Jupiter will continue to back your resourceful nature. Others (with money) want to help you, so don't be afraid to reach out. You're a worthy investment and you'll be able to pay them back tenfold with time. "
Now this is just creepy... I have someone outside of my family who is willing to pay all my tuition for my university fees, living expenses in university and travelling fees.

It makes me want to believe that this whole horoscope thing is true...

• Thank you received: 36

SilverStone replied the topic: Astrology Signs

Chatting with grandma, and looking at a magazine of the Chinese zodiac set for months. Lulz~ My grandma thought the picture of the dog was a cat, and asked me if I was a year of the cat. It made me think of Fruits Basket and argued that there was no such thing as a year of the cat. We bantered back and forth until I realized that duh! I could just read the actual text instead of argue about the picture. Needless to say, she then pointed out that the tiger was a cat. ><

• Thank you received: 7

blade replied the topic: Astrology Signs

so age beats youth.

• Thank you received: 0

Nika replied the topic: Astrology Signs

Mine is libra

• Thank you received: 6

ceteruler replied the topic: Astrology Signs

blade wrote: so age beats youth.

and experience beats age so i am told

• Thank you received: 1

ciuwia replied the topic: Astrology Signs

Hi, I haven't been to this forum in years and tonight, as I was bored, decided to check it out again :)

I love astrology. I always ask about someone's sign when I meet them.

I'm a Libra, my ascendant is Taurus and my moon is in Virgo. That means I can't make decisions, am lazy and like to eat and, sometimes, not very often, i feel the urge to be organised haha. I've got my chart done once, but it was online. However, unlikely as it may seem, it was actually quite accurate.

I don't really follow chinese astrology though. I was born in the year of the monkey, but i don't know what this means.