Forum

Crush Thread

  • Posts: 146
  • Thank you received: 3

Greenlee replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

You should meet him again and be friends.

#426
  • Posts: 41
  • Thank you received: 0

Nyxity replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

Who says "everyone"? I've had... maybe four crushes in real life. Three semi-crushes and three definite crushes on the Internet. Oh, yeah... that is pretty much "everyone". *Smirks*

#448
  • cocoyam
  • cocoyam's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Chick
  • Chick
  • Hello, I'm cocoyam.
  • Posts: 182
  • Thank you received: 8

cocoyam replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

Crushes.. I am pretty sure guys can easily get a sense of what girls like by reading some shojo and josei and identifying trends. Likewise, you can get a sense of what guys go for by reading shonen manga with female heroine love interests, or some harems.. right? In the end, the majority of these depictions seem to be typecast. Although it also depends on the selection of the manga you look at, and I'm sure it's individual for every person too.

girls
cool, nonchalant guys
easy-going and nonchalant guys
cool, intellectual guys that don't express themselves (well)
cool guy that doesn't show emotion
cold guys that also don't know how to show emotion or choose not to
charismatic, outgoing guys
earnest-seeming, pretty guys that don't show a lot of other emotion than earnestness or cheer but needs to protect girl
normal guy who likes a girl

guys
pretty girls
pretty girls with boobs, or a small chest
tsundere
glasses/shy-girl type
cute girls
eccentric girl
girls that need to be protected
easy-going girl (who likes the main, or not)
intellectual/emotionless girl
violent girl

Well, maybe that doesn't tell you a lot after all..
In the end, crushes are particular to the individual instance; that's where all the charm lies, I guess.


My avatar is from Balancing Toy by Yamakawa Aiji!
#449
  • Posts: 710
  • Thank you received: 35

Arrocee replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

Nyxity wrote: Who says "everyone"? I've had... maybe four crushes in real life. Three semi-crushes and three definite crushes on the Internet. Oh, yeah... that is pretty much "everyone". *Smirks*


Haha. You were the one who said you get crushes easily. :p we just have different interpretations of what qualifies "easily."

coco wrote: Crushes.. I am pretty sure guys can easily get a sense of what girls like by reading some shojo and josei and identifying trends. Likewise, you can get a sense of what guys go for by reading shonen manga with female heroine love interests, or some harems.. right? In the end, the majority of these depictions seem to be typecast. Although it also depends on the selection of the manga you look at, and I'm sure it's individual for every person too.

girls
cool, nonchalant guys
easy-going and nonchalant guys
cool, intellectual guys that don't express themselves (well)
cool guy that doesn't show emotion
cold guys that also don't know how to show emotion or choose not to
charismatic, outgoing guys
earnest-seeming, pretty guys that don't show a lot of other emotion than earnestness or cheer but needs to protect girl
normal guy who likes a girl

guys
pretty girls
pretty girls with boobs, or a small chest
tsundere
glasses/shy-girl type
cute girls
eccentric girl
girls that need to be protected
easy-going girl (who likes the main, or not)
intellectual/emotionless girl
violent girl

Well, maybe that doesn't tell you a lot after all..
In the end, crushes are particular to the individual instance; that's where all the charm lies, I guess.


I think you can get a good idea of what girls consider "romantic" from shoujo and josei. Female leads from shounen have no appeal for me :eh: Lenalee? just a boring nice girl. K-On? Entertaining but no "moe" for me. Oh well, if it's true guys are attracted to those sorts of types, at least the "tsundere" angle seems profitable for my end :sigh: c_c

I don't know how much these categories apply to real life though. Sure, I enjoy reading these characters in manga, but is anyone really going to fit a simple stereotype like "cool and nonchalant" so perfectly in real life? There'll be a lot more to him/her attached to that attitude and I would warn that not all of it will be nice :eh: urrr, don't fall in love with an image because you'll find out the rest of the package later.

#460
  • Posts: 41
  • Thank you received: 0

Nyxity replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

Arrocee wrote:

Nyxity wrote: Who says "everyone"? I've had... maybe four crushes in real life. Three semi-crushes and three definite crushes on the Internet. Oh, yeah... that is pretty much "everyone". *Smirks*


Haha. You were the one who said you get crushes easily. :p we just have different interpretations of what qualifies "easily."



*Blinks confused*
*Looks back to my original post...*

Nyxity wrote: I would get crushes on those who were really nice to me when growing up. (Had a less than appealing childhood when it came to people.) For all I know it was the elation I felt by their kindness. Usually the closer a connection (mental and emotional) I get, the higher likelihood of me forming a crush on a very close friend.

*Shrugs* Physically, though... I seem to find brunettes with fair skin and light colored eyes to be most appealing.


I see nothing that indicates "easily" or "everyone". Unless you automatically assumed I form close relationships "easily"?

#468
  • Posts: 710
  • Thank you received: 35

Arrocee replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

^Oops. Yeah, sorry ^^U I just read that you get crushes on just people who were nice to you and related that to my own tendencies thinking it was the same thing. Seems like I take it a little farther though. I often get crushes on anyone who spends enough time with me. lol. But of course, there's a hierarchy of crushes and those would be the non-serious ones... I think...

#481
  • Posts: 41
  • Thank you received: 0

Nyxity replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

*Nods* I'm a rather cautious person when it comes to every sort of "attraction" relationship there is... One might say I have trust issues. That or that it just takes a lot of time to gain my full trust.
Those are the people I tend to develop crushes on and there have only been less than a handful of people like that in my life. In fact, only two people in this world have reached the point of gaining my full trust in this life - a relative and a friend.

*Shrugs* I'm very selective, I suppose. Based on friendships I've had in the past... true, strong relationships seems to be a fragile and rare thing these days. Thus in time I've become jaded of the concept and concluded I'd make a rather poor friend when it comes to the general population due to the high expectations. (In other words, if a friend cannot be as loyal, sympathetic; dedicated to making the friendship work and at least tries to understand me... I will likely become resentful of him or her.)

So yes... crushes are actually quite seldom for me... and I rather put little faith in them ever developing due to simple experience.

#482
  • Posts: 710
  • Thank you received: 35

Arrocee replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

Crushes happen all the time for me, albeit simple ones. For example:

Today I was loafing in the computer lab. :O Nobody was there so I was acting all himono (read Hotaru no Hikari for this reference) with my leg up in my chair. Suddenly, a boy came in. He was slender and had glasses and curly brown hair, and in general just looked like a cute nerd. Although we looked at each other, I didn't say anything, which is the perfect start for an intriguing relationship. He sat down and started doing some tedious work (as I judged by his sighs). I put my leg down and kept wasting time on foolish entertainment. (He might've been able to judge by my snarky laughs). We cohabited the computer lab for a while, until he apparently found there was nothing more he could use the lab for and looked around the room to leave. I remade eye contact with him and he said hi. So I said hi back with a smile. :)

/crush






:sigh: lol

#680
  • Posts: 840
  • Thank you received: 36

SilverStone replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

That's so cute!

I am avoiding anything like that, though, but it's cute. I hope you see him around later. Haha~

#691
  • Posts: 710
  • Thank you received: 35

Arrocee replied the topic: Re: Crush Thread

SilverStone wrote: That's so cute!

I am avoiding anything like that, though, but it's cute. I hope you see him around later. Haha~


Thank you :p urr but probably not... I rarely see guys outside of my classes as it is :sigh: and ALSO O_O this guy appeared in our computer lab when it's for a girls school, so either he used someone else's ID or he's a grad student. o.o

#738