Forum

Today

• Thank you received: 35

Arrocee replied the topic: Re: Today

cocoyam wrote: I'm thinking of taking "karate" kung fu san soo at my college. Or well, I want to. But even though the class looks good for beginners too, I don't know because I don't have good coordination and I'm afraid I can't follow the class. I might be terrible.. but I also want to take the class so I can become more comfortable with body movement. ~_~ And because it bothers me that I can't even defend myself in a bad situation...
any opinion on karate shotokan v. san soo? besides that, there's tai chi.. I don't think they offer taekwondo.

Sounds like a good thing to ask DZ about. Karate seems boring though... no offense. :p <--the one that absolutely can't defend herself

Ugggggggggghhhhhhhhh
I want to do TAIKO!!!!!!!! T_T but after being so bad last time, I don't think I have the will.

There's simply too much I want to do next year, I know I can't do it all. Photog club, feminist paper, graphic designing for the student newspaper, anime club (gave up on design club), aasp (already committed) + aasu, swimming, being a good student, optometry club... makes me want to die x_x *dies*

Things are just too unsorted.. haven't been able to do much at all lately besides accompanying mom and yardwork and studying. Hurts my head.

On the plus side, while "accompanying mom" today, we visited her new artist acquaintance. He is Hungarian or some other sort of weird nationality, and really eclectic. We looked at his diverse art pieces in his messy cramped apartment, listened to a record of Marco Cabrera or some other famous mexican singer, watched him play the organ, ate raisin bread and had him read our fortunes from our cups after drinking his Turkish coffee (he insisted). Actually everything we did there he insisted upon. He is one of those people who are easily endearing despite imposition, though.

Tomorrow we are taking a road trip to SJ.... not sure how I feel about that, but I am looking forward to being in their nice library.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Arle replied the topic: Re: Today

Arrocee wrote: On the plus side, while "accompanying mom" today, we visited her new artist acquaintance. He is Hungarian or some other sort of weird nationality, and really eclectic. We looked at his diverse art pieces in his messy cramped apartment, listened to a record of Marco Cabrera or some other famous mexican singer, watched him play the organ, ate raisin bread and had him read our fortunes from our cups after drinking his Turkish coffee (he insisted). Actually everything we did there he insisted upon. He is one of those people who are easily endearing despite imposition, though.

He sounds like a rather insistent yet fun to be with kind of artist :D (also, Turkish coffee!)

@Coco: Aikido, Coco. Who knows you might meet Steven Seagal at some point Y-Y but Taichi is good too. According to a friend of mine who practices Taichi, it doesn't only strengthen your physicality but also your soul (something to do with your 'chi', the whole yin-yang stuff)

@Aletheia: your St. John's day sounds fun :o

Today:
Had vegetarian Rou Gu Cha for lunch with uni friend. I still think that there wasn't enough herbs in it :eh:

• Thank you received: 2

Jessica replied the topic: Re: Today

Hey there people.
So, other than getting off my lazy ass and creating an account.
The only things I've really done are art-related.
Oh, and tumblr, of course XD.

Hm, now to wonder what icon I should use...decisions...decisions...

/goes back to work on comic. I need to stop this update-one-page-a-month-bad habit.

Jessica wrote: Hey there people.
So, other than getting off my lazy ass and creating an account.
The only things I've really done are art-related.
Oh, and tumblr, of course XD.

Hm, now to wonder what icon I should use...decisions...decisions...

/goes back to work on comic. I need to stop this update-one-page-a-month-bad habit.

Mika???~!!!! Seriously?? I thought you already made an account! Are we going to stop calling you Mika and call you JESSICA???? >>>>>:OOOOO

/major overreaction sorry lol

@Arle: yeah, now I feel a bit disappointed that I didn't take a picture or something to show you guys xD but then I would seem like a tourist. He made me promise to visit him again before going back to school, but we'll see...

On aikido -- a cute (Asian) male professor who teaches mathematics also teaches the aikido classes at our school! He has a cute baby girl and boy, too... But I don't really know the differences between diff. asian martial arts... they all seem kind of formal and lame.

Yesterday, the SJ trip... it was a mixed bag, partly poignant, partly draining. I saw my old home, our old apartment, the old church coco and I used to spend our time in, the old TK noodle restaurant that we used to eat at often, etc... Ironic things happened like spotting an RV in the same exact spot we used to have our RV in our backyard. O_O And seeing a mini-K (our brother) eating at the restaurant. :p

We also visited old people like the dentist and my parents' marriage witnesses. Both visits were uncomfortable but not terrible.

Today was stressful; I drove to the local unemployment agency to take an assessment test. I didn't have my required ID but I was allowed to take it anyway. Interested about my score to come later on.

• Thank you received: 2

Jessica replied the topic: Re: Today

@Arro --

No need to, feel free to call Mishka/Mika/Mikashi/whatever it is now.
I was not aware that when I created an account, it would show my first name rather than my username as a protection against hackers.

...Yeah...

You thought I signed up already? Nope, just yesterday. /been lazy.

@Arro: Asian martial arts are actually quite different, depending on what you're focusing on (like, Taekwondo focuses on feet training, Wing Chun is designed for women so it uses less grand movements and focuses on attacking weak points, etc.) They're quite interesting.

Hope you find a job soon :)

Last night:
went to buy dinner. Teased my friend when she was drinking orange juice so she kind of startled and sloshed juice on the floor. It accidentally got to a girl's feet (only a bit)
The girl was like: "ouch, damn" *annoyed*
My friend was like: "I'm sorry"
The girl: *ignores*
My friend: I'm really sorry.
The girl: *nods a little* *mumbles*

and she still had that annoyed face when we went off. I was actually going to apologise since it's my fault for playing around at first place but upon seeing her face? nuh-uh, why apologising to people who can't appreciate that? it's just a few drops of orange juice, for god's sake :d not like I accidentally chopped off your feet.

• cocoyam
  • Chick
  • Chick
  • Hello, I'm cocoyam.
  • Thank you received: 8

cocoyam replied the topic: Re: Today

We are getting fairly active here now. :O
After hiking and feeling like I could learn a martial art, I've been semi-engrossed by martial arts in general, not just East Asia but also Muay Thai (Thailand) and Krav Maga (Israel) or capoeira (Africa). Wheee. I keep on getting side-tracked into watching videos of the forms. Isn't it cool to watch fights? So now I know (a little) about the differences. Aikido is cool. You might know it primarily as what was advertised as an ideal Japanese artform for women's self-defence in the community college we went to, but it focuses on deflecting attacks in a nonviolent manner using the opponent's own momentum and moment of unbalance while committing to a blow. So it's supposed to take little physical strength. You blend in with the motion of the attacker to trip or throw him down.. you're also supposed to have a calm mindset as one of the principles. Doesn't it seem cool? You should watch some videos of it. When I think about math-professor-san being all serious and teaching aikido, I definitely want to take it sometime.

@Arle, sounds like a mean/meh girl. >:(

Arro, I might do taiko if I feel like kung fu is giving me some coordination. Ha... wanna join me?

My avatar is from Balancing Toy by Yamakawa Aiji!

If I were to learn any kind of martial arts, I'd go for Aikido. Haven't been taking on martial arts since my surgery earlier this year, tho :eh:

Yeah, I kind of regret didn't pour the juice all over her face :sigh:

• Thank you received: 36

SilverStone replied the topic: Re: Today

I know some people take grand offense if you mess up their shoes, such as dirtying them with a speck of dust or something. In Chicago, you should expect to get shot if you mess up someone's shoes.

Today
Meh day at work. I should have taken my bike to work: it wasn't even that hot as they predicted. Argh!

Arle wrote: Yeah, I kind of regret didn't pour the juice all over her face :sigh:

lol

Today has been a rough day... conflict between myself and mom, and like usual I couldn't talk to her well. I felt bad so I went to sleep and didn't get out of my room until 7 pm to make dinner.

Summer's going away quickly and it's starting to feel dissatisfactory.

Guest - D
awwww, did you drop this? ;-;
Download link available.
One of my first manhwas and my favorite so far. The plot is delivered to the readers in a unique way...
Hello! Can I get a download link for this project please? I would like to read it
Wow... That was a pretty nice story. Quite touching for me. I liked the mystery as well.
Thank you ...
hello,
what should i do to have the links for perfect couple?
and if you have an idea to where i c...
In my opinion, Wanderer's ace is better. It's shorter and has bolder messages.
Glad you liked it I enjoyed editing it.
There's a related story titled Haunted School: Wanderer's ...