Forum

Today

More
1 month 1 week ago #9509 by Deimos
Deimos replied the topic: Today
No worrys. I gave it to them. ^^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #9512 by mbr
mbr replied the topic: Today
Today, our discussion was on healthcare financing and how each system can lead to changes in demand and supply for healthcare. In Malaysia, we seem to have a mixture of all sorts... Tax funded system, with some social insurance, private insurance and also out-of-pocket options... It was an interesting wrap of the stuff we covered this semester.

More
1 month 1 week ago #9513 by Arle
Arle replied the topic: Today
Coincidentally I live in Malaysia too haha. Compared to my home country, the healthcare in Malaysia is really good imo. But then again I use health insurance from work and I go to clinics only for minor issues.
Tonight there's supposed to be a meteor shower. A bunch of friends are heading out to watch it along with a local astronomy group. I might be able to learn a thing or two before deciding on the kit I wanna buy.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #9514 by mbr
I thought the meteor shower was the day before (13th)? What kit are you interested in? I was looking around for a nice telescope with tracking and dslr attachment. But kinda abandoned the project due to no time and no good spot to view the skies due to cloudy conditions that we usually have.

This was a pic i took just using the camera on a rare clear night... Might want to view it on a larger screen lol
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by mbr.

More
1 month 1 day ago #9533 by Arle
Arle replied the topic: Today
The meteor shower actually went on for 3 days!
I was just looking for a beginner kind of telescope like Celestron FirstScope but same as you, I rarely have time and taking the bus to the astronomy group location is a bit of a pain since I don't have my own car.

Whoa, the sky photo actually looks really good. What kind of camera/lense do you use? I could never get my head into photography though haha. I would rather be the photo object XD

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 month 1 day ago #9534 by Anonymous
Anonymous replied the topic: Today
@mbr, I forgot you existed!!! LOL It's good to see you Doc.
I am all for a reunion of sorts. I love nostalgia. But I'm not sure what's a good platform for it. A couple of us have added each other onto social media but it's not quite the same as chatting on a forum.

More
1 month 13 hours ago #9535 by mbr
Hehe. I was busy with other stuff... After surviving a life and death thing, I got stronger and now continuing my studies. If you want my FB or email contact, just PM me here.

@Arle: I think I had the Tokina 11-16 on my EOS 60D for that pic. Cant recall the EXIF settings unless I find the original file. I am not that photogenic, so I prefer to be behind the camera most of the time.

Today, I watched the remake/sequel of Jumanji. Robin Williams is not with us but they did a small homage. But movie wise, I'd say just reasonably entertaining if you dont look too hard... Sort of like Dwayne's Baywatch effort.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #9548 by Arrocee
Arrocee replied the topic: Today
That sounds dramatic, mbr. Also, you're a lifelong student, it appears.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #9552 by Aletheia
Aletheia replied the topic: Today
I watched "Hook" with Robin Williams just yesterday.
I don't feel like watching this new version of Jumanji.

I lost my keys today. Not misplaced them or left them somewhere like last winter but that I can't find them anywhere.
I had added so many keychains on it that make noise when they fall down for just that reason ( due to previous experiences) and yet...
I wish this December is over. I've never disliked December so much as this year.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Aletheia.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #9554 by mbr
@Arrocee It was serious indeed. I was hooked to a respirator for a week. Miraculously I belong to the 20% survivor group. And got out of the hospital relatively soon.

I wanted to just stay as a simple doctor, but as life would have it, I have some drive to try for a specialty.

@Aletheia Ouch. Do consider having those bluetooth tags for things you often misplace.

Anyway, glad my exams are over... awaiting results next week... then a study trip to Vietnam for a week with the rest of my class...