Forum

Today

• Thank you received: 15

Arle replied the topic: Today

Do you think unification is a good idea, though, considering how different the socio-economy situation between both countries?

It actually reminds me of East and West German reunification in the 90s. It was necessary considering the political situation at the time and it turned out quite well (rough guess, based on news and stories from german friends). However east part of Germany is still dragging behind the West in terms of economic welfare and development.

I am afraid the same could happen to North Korea, or even worse since apparently there's a huge development gap between you guys (internet, lifestyle, and other stuff). But seriously whatever I know about N.Korea's from the news and refugees' TED talks. I would like to hear your thoughts on what could possibly happen if unification does really happen. .

• Thank you received: 56

Sura replied the topic: Today

Good or not, unification is something that needs to be done sooner than later although I feel it is way too late.

This is one of those things you just make it happen without overthinking about consequences.

• Thank you received: 35

Arrocee replied the topic: Today

*peeks into the void*

Myy... this forum was the background to a lot of my late teens - early adulthood musings!

Anyway, as for the prospect of war in Korea, I doubt it will happen because there is a balance in place with N. Korea in the fold. But if it did happen, there would be many S. Korean casualties in Seoul (besides in N. Korea). I guess Sura thinks it's worth it, but I think people forget how awful war can be.

I feel it's becoming obvious that corruption is also endemic to America. Seen the release of papers today? Also, Trump turned out to be the puppet of Russian interests. Also, he's an asshole and that's probably why they picked him. Because he isn't doing any good for us.

• Thank you received: 4

mbr replied the topic: Today

First of all, it feels good to know that this forum is still around. I still recall login in from my university’s slow internet to view manhwa translated by Sura aka klisis. I know many of us moved on and have other things in real life to keep us busy. I have been to South Korea twice since then and my views have changed a lot since then.

Secondly, politics has never been my cup of tea, but I guess it is a necessary evil. It is the greasy stuff that reduces friction between moving parts, accumulating dirt and debris with time. Like it or not, it is something we have to deal with on a nearly daily basis.

Good to see you. The site has been on life support for the past few years. It still gets a steady flow of traffic and that's the only reason I haven't turned the life support off.

As for politics, if you play the role of a bystander, politics is entertaining to watch.

I wonder if it is possible to reach out to older members. Just for nostalgia's sake. I am sure we have new social media accounts to keep in touch. JanimeS reunion of sorts

Anyway, on politics, I have no choice but to learn how things work. I am moving into public health thus management portion becomes heavier. And running of day-to-day business seem to involve small and large political ties. Sigh... we are civil servants, serving the people, not the political parties... But any vocal dissent will be punishable.

No need to bring older people back. They've moved on. Quite frankly, this site is well past its expiry date. I don't even work on scanlations anymore.

As for politics, it's simple. Politics in a nutshell is lying and backstabbing others.

If you are on low end of the chain, you lie and please your superior. You must go with the flow.

As you climb up, now you need to lie more to others above you and below. You can never let your true opinions out. You go with the flow until you are big enough to actually create your own flow.

That is one way to look at politics. I try to stick to my principles and avoid situations where i have to hide some facts. Doctors should never lie. But we shouldnt not just spill out all the unpleasant truths... that in itself is probably partly politics too LOL

• Thank you received: 0

Deimos replied the topic: Today

Well as a man i dont trust doctors telling me to lie on the side and pull upp my knees... :3

LOL. Did they not get your consent for the rectal examination?