Forum

Today

• Thank you received: 15

Arle replied the topic: Today

Do you think unification is a good idea, though, considering how different the socio-economy situation between both countries?

It actually reminds me of East and West German reunification in the 90s. It was necessary considering the political situation at the time and it turned out quite well (rough guess, based on news and stories from german friends). However east part of Germany is still dragging behind the West in terms of economic welfare and development.

I am afraid the same could happen to North Korea, or even worse since apparently there's a huge development gap between you guys (internet, lifestyle, and other stuff). But seriously whatever I know about N.Korea's from the news and refugees' TED talks. I would like to hear your thoughts on what could possibly happen if unification does really happen. .

• Thank you received: 56

Sura replied the topic: Today

Good or not, unification is something that needs to be done sooner than later although I feel it is way too late.

This is one of those things you just make it happen without overthinking about consequences.