Forum

Today

• Thank you received: 10

Yuzurin replied the topic: Today

Dear Aletheia,

If you ever want to talk about European Union politics, send me a message (I study European union politics). I'm aware ex sovjet countries have a tough time dealing with corruption. It always makes me nervous because i feel that people tend to think the same thing about European union parliament members, it reflects in the turnout rate.

• Thank you received: 6

Aletheia replied the topic: Today

Hey Yuzurin!

I am lousy with politics. I dislike it quite a lot. My reactions are usually based on emotions quite a lot.

Yes, we do have tough time with corruption, but honestly, it's not only ex-soviet's problems.
I do think, that we try to move past this ex-soviet mentality and prefer to see ourselves more "baltic" "european" and "scandinavian".
I do not know what the situation in other "former-soviet countries" is but I suspect something similar. And yes, I've heard they do have lots of problems with corruption.

As I distrust politicians, I am of the same mind that EU parliament may be a bit off. But at least they're better than soviets.
For many people here, this distrust was very high years ago, during 2003-2004 when we joined the EU. It felt like "out of the frying pan into the fire".

During these latest troubles, it has been on the rise again, and the common money is having it's ups-and downs too.

Anyway, talking about politics usually depresses me :D
Are you planning to work for EU?

• Thank you received: 0

Deimos replied the topic: Today

'Ello ppl. Is a while sins i last wrote here(7-8 years give or take).
Just poping in to see so that it's al nice an dandy. ;)

• Thank you received: 56

Sura replied the topic: Today

Deimos wrote: 'Ello ppl. Is a while sins i last wrote here(7-8 years give or take).
Just poping in to see so that it's al nice an dandy. ;)

Long time no see. I only vaguely remember you.

• Thank you received: 0

Deimos replied the topic: Today

Sura wrote: Long time no see. I only vaguely remember you.

I feel honored. Just hope it was a good impression i left. :3
This day and age it's an intresting shit storm brewing in the world.
(Edit: Saw that i lied. Wrote a short thing 2 years ago but befor that i dont know.)

Well, I seem to live in the heart of a storm but no one around me cares about the war. I don't care about the war, either. I hope Trump does start the war though.

• Thank you received: 15

Arle replied the topic: Today

I can't believe it's been so many years I joined this forum! Occasionally I feel the urge to check on this place and reminiscence on old posts <3 (thanks for keeping it alive, Sura. Although it's come to be a super slow forum, but no one's complaining).

I've been pretty interested in politics lately. There are always new issues, or maybe too many issues, in this world today.
I am basically quite gleeful with whatever my own country has in store (governor dude accidentally "insulted" the holy book of a certain religion and is now in jail? check. Group of farmers with cement-bound legs protesting the plan to build cement factory in crucial mountainous area? check. Certain religious fanatics offended by an ant crawling over their feet? check - okay not really, but we should never deny the possibility of such event unfolding given how easily offended these people are).

The main theme is always religion, though. It gets boring overtime. I feel like ranting about how stupid it all is, but it may not be an appropriate time or place.

On today: I watched a korean horror film called 'The Mimic'. It scared the crap out of me with all the voice mimicking. It's 4AM, I am alone in my office, and I'm still wondering if going to the toilet now is a good idea (TMI!).

Politics is never pretty. But, at least, here in Korea, religion is almost never an issue. Politics + religion are the recipe for disaster.

• Thank you received: 15

Arle replied the topic: Today

I agree. With so many countries in turmoil mainly because they mix in religion into politics, it's such a wonder why some people don't get it and still insist on having religious elements in their political affairs :/

That aside, I've reading more about N.Korea than S.Korea in the news recently. All thanks to Trump, eh?

Arle wrote: I agree. With so many countries in turmoil mainly because they mix in religion into politics, it's such a wonder why some people don't get it and still insist on having religious elements in their political affairs :/

That aside, I've reading more about N.Korea than S.Korea in the news recently. All thanks to Trump, eh?

There is something outsiders don't understand.

It is that I've been hearing N.Korea threats ever since I could understand words. I've been hearing it for my entire life and, at this point, all their threats seem empty to me.

Therefore, no matter what sort of threats N.Korea makes it goes through to my other ear and vanish.

I do hope Thump starts the war. God, I sincerely hope that. Then Korea will be united.