Forum

What kind of photos do you take?

More
1 month 1 week ago #9515 by mbr
mbr created the topic: What kind of photos do you take?
This is just a minor distraction. Share some of the pictures you take with some thoughts... E.g. What were you thinking when you take the photo? How does the photo make you feel? What kind of message do you want it to have? What considerations/preparations done before taking the picture.

It doesn't matter if you take it with an old phone or with a Hasselblad medium format. The essence is in the sharing, not the camera equipment. Be reminded that you should only share the photos/images that you own the copyright to... and if you do not have a watermark in your picture, there will also be a chance for it to be used elsewhere. We totally understand if you don't want to share high res photos.

Also possible sharing of links to photographers that you like, maybe with a brief introduction of why you like her or his style.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #9516 by mbr
mbr replied the topic: What kind of photos do you take?
This was my experimental photo, trying to take macro photos using reversed lens attachment to the DSLR. Guess what these common household seasonings are:
Attachments:

More
4 weeks 19 hours ago #9538 by Arrocee
Arrocee replied the topic: What kind of photos do you take?
Aww yeah mbr bringing back forum threads n all that. I promise to post a follow up reply to this thread.

More
4 weeks 18 hours ago #9539 by mbr
Hehe. Come on. Post your photos up. Let's see whether you have gained some ninja skills.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #9549 by Arrocee
What ninja skills are you referring to? :)

I used to be all about taking pics. In college it was all I wanted to do (instead of homework). Imagine, when smartphones with nice cameras came out, and Instagram, I thought, "finally! here is the time for a person with a hobby like mine!" But by that time, I'd kinda fallen out of it. I still haven't gotten back into my picture-taking impulse. Even though I one day hope to.

But to give you an idea of the type of subjects I was drawn to capturing, here's some screenshots of a few albums that I painstakingly uploaded to Facebook back in the day :P
Attachments:

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #9550 by Arrocee
Re the seasonings, it's gotta be salt and sugar, right? I couldn't guess which is which tho :P

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #9556 by mbr
Do I see Disneyland inside the photos?

Hehe, I used to belong to the group that feels that proper shots deserve a good camera and skills to use it. But with better phone cam tech, the old saying that “the best camera is the one you have with you” is becoming truer by the day.

But I am not giving up on my DSLRs just yet.

By the way, the cube-like crystals are salt... long crystals are MSG. Maybe next time take pics of sugar and white pepper.

More
3 weeks 19 hours ago #9561 by Arrocee
Yep, I took those pics on my sweet 16.
I personally can't get used to smartphone pic taking because I'm used to having my micro button and so on. But I only ever used digital cameras, and one pseudo-DSLR, which I'll justify by pointing out that my photography teacher told me that a camera does not a good picture, composition and lighting and a good eye does :P

My real strategy is to snap things till something that looks remotely compelling comes out. LOL

I'll keep an eye out for your future macro pics.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #9564 by mbr
"snap things till something that looks remotely compelling comes out"
You mean to spray and pray? :)

Can do some fun photo projects...

1. Bring an empty picture frame with you. For every picture that you want to take, hold out the frame and "frame the scene" first. If you like it, then snap it.

2. Set yourself tasks. Eg going to a place with festivities, just try to capture smiles. As many as you can fit in the image. See how many you can get.

3. Do a time lapse photography thing...

More
1 week 5 days ago #9569 by Arle
Arle replied the topic: What kind of photos do you take?
Seeing mbr's photos are quite intimidating haha. I will shamelessly say that I rely heavily on filters and effects, especially when it comes to my instagram posts. The picture frame trick sounds intriguing though. Will try!