Forum

Late night bites

• Thank you received: 4

mbr created the topic: Late night bites

Strictly about what food or snacks you like to have when up late at night (after 9pm) be it for watching the television, be on the internet, aimless chatting on the phone, or whatever...

Possible give reasons for your top 3 to top 10 choices?

I'll start by the common (well, common for us in Asia, I suppose) choice of instant noodles. Easy to prepare, and somewhat a guilty indulgence once in a while. So many varieties and you could add whatever toppings you happen to have in your fridge (or even leftovers).

The following user(s) said Thank You: SilverStone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 36

SilverStone replied the topic: Late night bites

Mine is french fries or any kind of fried or baked potato, noodles, tamales, or pizza.

I typically don't eat after dinner unless its an herbal soup.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mbr

• Thank you received: 55

Sura replied the topic: Late night bites

Night snacks?

If you can call it snacks, I usually have tuna sashimi with very hot osake. It's my best favorite dish. I don't eat "snacks" however.

• Thank you received: 35

Arrocee replied the topic: Late night bites

Wow. That sounds really good, Sura. But also expensive..? I wonder what that tastes like.

I like to eat pickles, cheese, hot pockets, potatoes with butter... anything that's tasty, really, and available, which isn't much these days. /starvingstudentlife

mbr replied the topic: Late night bites

SilverStone: What kind of herbal soup suitable for late nights?

Sura: Koreans have so many street snacks, but I guess you are eating much better than that :)

Arrocee: Pickles? Is that good for your stomach at night?

• Thank you received: 55

Sura replied the topic: Late night bites

I grew up without knowing what "snacks" were, so I don't eat them. I saw what "candies" were long after I became an adult, so I guess I haven't eaten candies also.

Yes, quality tuna sashimi and osake are expensive but money isn't really my concern. I have nothing else to spend money on anyway.

mbr replied the topic: Late night bites

Anything not Korean is expensive in Korea... even coffee and cheese.

Sura, do you still like having screwdriver while reading?

• Thank you received: 6

Aletheia replied the topic: Late night bites

Well, as for me....
I don't snack thinking "should you eat this so late"?

I snack on depending what's around. I like chocolate - but at night I don't like too sweet, too bitter, or too much.
So I usually raid the kitchen for leftover food, and pick out the pieces I like the most (pieces of meat for example). Though I've come to like certain types of cheese too.
If I am very hungry I might even heat up the food.

Depending on season, If there's fruits around I snack on those. And cucumber. Pickles, smoked sausage sandwitch (with pickles is even better).

And who mentioned french fries? those are good, but it's such a hassle to make them at night and eating them cold is awful. So, a rare sight for a snack.

• Thank you received: 35

Arrocee replied the topic: Late night bites

Ah, yes! Aletheia and I are kindred spirits when it comes to our tummies. I also eat a lot of nectarines and I like to wrap cucumber slices in sliced ham and snack on them, mmm, yummy.

Sura, perhaps you have managed your life and fiscal expenditures very well. I wanna grow up spending my disposable income on yummy food, too.

• Thank you received: 36

SilverStone replied the topic: Late night bites

I actually don't eat what I mentioned above at as midnight snacks, usually in daytime only.

@mbr: any herbal soup. My favorites are 雪耳莲子糖水 and 雪梨糖水. But we usually make a wide variety. I like the ones with meat bones in it because it adds an interesting flavor. There is this one herb that adds a meaty flavor to the soup, too!

Since my family is typically busy working in the daytime, and my grandma doesn't know how to make these herbal soups, it is usually not around evening do we begin making the soup. And since it takes so long, it typically doesn't finish until 11pm to midnight.

Guest - D
awwww, did you drop this? ;-;
Download link available.
One of my first manhwas and my favorite so far. The plot is delivered to the readers in a unique way...
Hello! Can I get a download link for this project please? I would like to read it
Wow... That was a pretty nice story. Quite touching for me. I liked the mystery as well.
Thank you ...
hello,
what should i do to have the links for perfect couple?
and if you have an idea to where i c...
In my opinion, Wanderer's ace is better. It's shorter and has bolder messages.
Glad you liked it I enjoyed editing it.
There's a related story titled Haunted School: Wanderer's ...